It’s the end of another year, and a beginning of a new one!
The year, has literally flown by! I always say that, but it’s true. The year zooms by and we are back to the start of a new year again. Hope everyone had an amazing 2018, a lot went on for me, I got married and started a new chapter in my life, and look now, we are near the end of January 2019 already.
Again, 2018 has been a year of going makeup crazy and buying palettes from all sorts of brands. I think that year I went more crazy, than the year before. I can’t help it, the struggle is real and I have an obsession for eyeshadow palettes.
- Too Faced – Chocolate Gold Palette, £38
- Tarte – Limited Edition Make Believe in Yourself Eye and Cheek Palette, £17
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Soft Glam Palette, £43
- Violet Voss – Holy Grail Palette, £30,10
- Urban Decay – Back Talk Palette, £39.50 (My husband bought this one for me) 😛
- Urban Decay – Born To Run Palette, £39.50 (My brother got this palette for me as an Eid present)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Norvina Palette, £43
- Kat Von D – 10th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette, £42
- Morphe – Jaclyn Hill The Vault, £49
- Huda Beauty – Obsessions Palette in Topaz & Amethyst, £25 each
- Urban Decay – Naked Cherry Palette, £42
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Sultry Palette, £47
- Boots – Harry Potter Eyeshadow Palettes, in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw & Slytherin, £12.50 each (Boots had 3 for 2)
- Blush Tribe – Malika Palette, £24.99
- Huda Beauty – New Nude Palette, £56
- Jeffree Frost – Thirsty Palette, £45
- Urban Decay – Elements Palette, £45
- Melt Cosmetics – Dark Matter Stack, £40
- September Rose – Slush Palette, £24,99
- Makeup Revolution – Iconic Fever Palette, £2.80
- Certifeye – Affinity Palette, £32
- Morphe – 35V Stunning Artist Vibes Artistry Palette, £22
- Melt Cosmetics – Rust Stack, £33.60 (Original Price £48)
1.Without a doubt, my number one favourite is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette, there are a number of looks that can be created with that one palette, from a natural look to a heavy intense cut crease. It’s perfect for makeup artists, makeup addicts and even those that aren’t into makeup that much but want a good palette to create the looks they want, the Soft Glam would be the one.
2.Melt Cosmetics, the dark matter stack, this holds sentimental value, the reason for that is because my Makeup Artist used that specific stack to create my eye look on my wedding day. Hence why it’s so special to me. 🤪
3.Next would be the Huda Beauty New Nude Palette, I am absolutely in love, you can tell she spends a lot of time investing into the perfect palette, it’s more pink toned, but it’s a great palette to work with.
4.This would be the Urban Decay Born to Run Palette, even though I didn’t buy it, but I did receive it, it’s such an amazing palette, I feel like Urban Decay really do release some of the best eyeshadow palettes there are, their Naked range is so good as well as the other palettes they like to release. The Born to Run palette is so universal, it has a range of colours, from neutrals to pop of colours, it’s a great palette to pick up when travelling cause of the shade range!
5.Last would be the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina palette, one simple reason is the fact that it’s a purple palette, those that know me, know how much I love purple.
That is a lot of palettes that I spent money on, many of them were impulse buys, I’m hoping to be a changed person for 2019, when I get the urge to impulse buy, I’m going to try wait 24 hours and go back to it, see if I still want to purchase it then. There’s been studies found that when the impulse buyers get the urge to buy something, if they control themselves and wait 24 hours and go back to it, they tend not to buy it.
I need to not purchase any makeup, I have enough to last me many lifetimes, but I know I can’t go cold turkey and just stop, that’s crazy. I need to try limit myself, to something, like once every two months. We will see how that goes, this time next year. 😉
Stay tuned for more posts, and be sure to follow me on my Instagram: @iMonafWonders